Something about this time of year has me exceptionally thrilled to be doing what I'm doing -- the Willamette Valley has finally given into autumn and everywhere I look people are donning scarves, gloves, hats... which is essentially, the essence of inspiration for me! After much deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that as much as I love the sun, I'm happier in a moderate climate where I can find (cold-weather) knitted goodness all around me, for a good chunk of the year.
I'm getting more and more proficient on my very handy knitting machine, which has made life a little easier this last year. There was definitely a learning curve, and I've got a lot to learn yet, but it has made a world of difference. Don't get me wrong; I still adore hand-knitting and there's nothing like the feeling of soft, snuggly fibers on my fingers that re-kindles my love for yarn again and again. But the beauty of a knitting machine is that it allows me more time to embellish (by hand) the pieces that come off of my needles. It's a beautiful thing! I liken it to snapping pictures on 35mm film versus on a digital camera... there's something special about making the most of each shot when you know that you can't go back and edit/delete/photoshop it (very easily, anyway). The energy and time and love put into something hand-knit has always been one of my favorite things about knitting.
On the subject of handcrafted love, my favorite sale is happening here in just one short week -- the Bliss Handmade 2012 Holiday Boutique Sale is always a hit and I'm excited that I've been invited to participate as a vendor again this fall! I've still got lots of loose ends to weave in this week... so it's back to work for me! Hope to see you there! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment