Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Starting Over

Back in mid-May I discovered that auto-save can do just as much evil as it can do good. I had about four good paragraphs typed out (here on blogger) about my knitting adventures over the spring, confident that I had fulfilled my goal to write a blog entry before a year went by, when I accidentally highlighted and deleted everything. Which was then auto-saved. So here I am again... considering it's only been three months I'm not doing so bad!

This spring has been full of adventure. Back in March I finally made it over to the Eugene Textile Center, where I stumbled upon a gorgeous Italian black yarn at ETC that got turned into a two-toned oversized moebius. I also participated in a spring sale with the group of ladies that I craft with, so now I have a few really nice cotton/kitchen items in my inventory that I made that day at the sale. You can check them out at kimbarelli.etsy.com.

Between all that and my life outside of knitting I had almost forgotten about my Maruyama knitting machine until last weekend, when my dear husband made a saw-horse sort of thing for it. It's beautiful! He also made me a handy stand for cone yarn (the type that works best with a machine), which is also pretty darn snazzy in the way of thingamajigs.

Brioche in the round is my new favorite stitch to hand-knit, it's essentially double-layered and looks great on both sides of the fabric. I finished a super hip manly cowl that will be for sale this fall alongside the (other) moebius loop that is ruffled and surprisingly sassy.

Finally, my website is getting a makeover in the next month or so, I'm looking forward to having a new layout and hopefully a landing page that's a little easier to navigate. I'll keep you posted! 'Til next time!

No comments: