Thursday, August 20, 2009

Lil' Bit of This and That

I've been working on a supercute party dress for a friend to wear to her sister-in-law's wedding last Saturday, it was a honey-gold polyester shantung that snags pretty easily and left shiny golden fibers all over my little sweatshop of a front room. Luckily my folks gave me this white shelving unit that is perfect for my sewing room and makes it much more functional. This dress was much more complicated than the black cotton stretchy one I managed to finish within a week; it needed a lining and that is something I've never done before! So last night I was half-watching the last disc of 24/Keifer Sutherland and hand-sewing the lining next to invisible zipper because I cut it too close... It was a tough job but the finished product was, I must say, quite adorable.

For a while there my sister and I were going for walks up around college hill on Tuesdays and Thursdays, it was so nice having her only 10 minutes away at the parents' house. I can't believe her internship ended last Friday already, but we celebrated with a night of delicious sushi at Pure Sushi, the new place in the 5th St Market. It was my 3rd visit there and each visit was fantastic! They have some deep-fried rolls that are out of this world and reminiscent of Sushi Domo, although the SBC at S.D. really can't be beat. At any rate I would happily snarf down sushi again and again at either location.

No comments: